Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting ready for Passover?

Passover is just a couple of days away and if you are anything like me you tend to have your specific recipes for each holiday but you like to try a new one each year. I like the tried and true but I also like to spice things up. I love when people send me new recipes so here is one I found.


Chakchouka (Moroccan Salad)

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

8 to 10 ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded and chopped

3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

2 green bell peppers, cored, seeded and chopped

1 jalapeno or serrano chili pepper, seeded and minced

1 tablespoon sweet paprika

1 tablespoon smoked paprika

1 tablespoon lemon zest

salt to taste

1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add tomatoes and cook, stirring 4 to 6 minutes until they breakup and begin to exude juices and melt apart. Add garlic, peppers, chili peppers and spices and lemon zest. Continue to saute 3 minutes until well cooked and mixture forms a chunky sauce. Season with salt. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 10-12 servings

Only 43 calories per serving

Enjoy! Send me recipes too! ami@barmitzvahfavors.com

No comments: